Invitation to train the trainers workshop on bullying and students well-being May 15-19, 2023
How is your school promoting students’ development and quality of life? Students Wellbeing is the overall development and quality of life. It’s the psychological, cognitive, social, physical functioning and capabilities that students need to live a happy and fulfilled life. It is important in ensuring that students can learn, grow and succeed both in and out of the classroom. Register for the mid May 2023 Students Wellbeing and anti- bullying workshop today.
2022 APCI FELLOWS UPDATED LIST
The 2022 APCI Fellowship Induction held in Abuja Nigerian Army Resource Center Asokoro-Abuja (Oct.24- 25) and in Lagos Airport Hotel Ikeja (Oct.27-28) 2022. It was accompanied by the best of international training experience by Prof. Chris Abraham, the CEO and Senior VP (Institutional Development) SP Jain School of Global Management, Dubai campus, UAE on:
- Reimagining Education 4.0 in the Era of Disruption, with design thinking and effective leadership
- Leadership and innovation leading to productivity in challenging times.
All Fellows of the APCI were charged by Prof. Chris Abraham to go and lead with good innovative practices; getting things done through their teachers, students and stakeholders. It’s all about changing the narrative of their schools (philosophies, people, process and pedagogy).
WE CAN SAY NO TO BULLYING IN OUR SCHOOLS BY PSYCHOLOGICAL MODELING OF NON BULLYING BEHAVIORS/ BAD BEHAVIORS
Here is the compilation of bad behaviors we must say NO to in our Schools; as compiled by participants at the 2022 Bullying prevention and management workshops in Abuja (Jan. 26-27) and Lagos (Feb. 2-3) Nigeria
January 26-27, 2022 BULLYING PREVENTION & INTERVENTION WORKSHOP
We want participants to have an in-depth understanding of Bullying, Fagging, etc; and to use this understanding in the development of interventions that promote students’ wellbeing in the schools.
Key coverage areas:
1. Conduct of Student surveys on incidences of Bullying, fagging, etc. This survey will expose the types and penetration levels of Bullying in your school.
2. Developing effective responses to the different types and classes of bullying.
3. Writing and reviewing Bullying prevention policy
4. Establishing Bullying complaint procedure for Teachers, Students, and Parents
5. A comprehensive review of the Child and vulnerable children act ..
Fees: #50k per participant, payable to GT Bank Plc account 0613573978 for African Principals Conference Initiative.
6. Facilitators will be experienced lecturers and Psychologists from the Universities, Educationists, and Fellows of the African Principals Conference.
For participation please pay and send details to +234(0)8023308188 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 ABR/APCI TRAINING CALENDAR
2022 ABR/ APCI TRAINING CALENDAR*(Just one training per staff, per year)
1. You will find this calendar useful for the various segment of your staff.
2. Maximum two open workshops per month, for various categories of staff.
3. Once a year workshop for newly appointed or promoted Principals (Principal Academy); Hostel managers/ officers (Hostel workshop); PTA executives; Learning Assessment Workshop (Exam officers), Bullying in Jan. 2022 (for all, including parents), *As advised by the Hon. Minister of State for Education in Feb. 2021, Principals can also nominate their VPs for the February 2022 Africa Great Principals Academy*
4. Students camping in August 2022, during the holiday. Now that we have harmonized the School calendar.
5. Dubai trip is for Principals and participants to visit outstanding schools during normal school operations. It’s a one-week working tour on effective Schools improvement and development strategies.
6. We have some courses listed for in-house workshops.
*Facilitators*: Experienced and accomplished professionals, professors, lecturers in tertiary institutions, Principals, Directors of Education, tutors- Generals, Lawyers, and Fellows of the African Principals Conference.
*For participation* SMS/ WHATSAPP +234(0)8023308188 for details or check www.africatopschools.com
JI AYODELE, fapc.
MAY 18-20, 2021 AFRICA TOP SCHOOL AWARDS
Check out the current reigning Schools in Africa (Nigeria) and the 2021 Who’s Who in the Management of Basic and Secondary Education. The awards were presented in Lagos Sheraton Hotel Ikeja on May 18, 2021 by the Lagos State Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo. The awards were presented in Abuja Green Minds Hotel Limited, Utako on May 20, 2021 by the Federal Minister of State for Education, Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba.
VALUE-BASED RANKING OF AFRICA SCHOOLS
Every school or service gives customers some benefit, for which they are willing to pay up to some maximum price. In microeconomic terms, this maximum is the “reservation price” or simply the value the customer ascribes to the product. The strength of the buying proposition for any customer is a function of its value to its customer, minus the price- in other words, the surplus-value that the customers will enjoy once the product is paid for. We want to celebrate Africa Schools that offer economic value to the customers.