Since its inception in 1996, Loyola Jesuit College has remained a reference point for quality education in Nigeria and beyond. This is largely due to the College’s committed to promoting the culture of excellence and the Magis in the children entrusted to us in the past two decades. Today, LJC ranks among the best secondary schools in the country, and it is adjudged nationally and internationally to have set a standard for quality education where the students that we form and mentor mature into competent, conscientious, compassionate and committed men and women that care about the affair of Nigeria and the world.
In the past year alone, LJC students continued the long held tradition of their predecessors of distinguished themselves in character and learning, with outstanding performances in academic and co-curricular activities such as WAEC, ACT, National Catch Them Young Competition, NISSMUN, Athletic and track event among others. These outstanding performances have resulted in several distinguished individual awards for the students and the college. One of our students holds the record for being the first student to have Perfect Scores in ACT in the West African Sub-Region. LJC students had an outstanding outing in the 2019 edition of the Nigerian International Secondary School Model United Nations
Loyola Jesuit College
Location: Loyola Street, Karu-Karshi Road, Gidan Mangoro, Abuja, NIGERIA Mailing Address: P.M.B 5119, Wuse, Abuja, NIGERIA. Phone: +234-8054909665; +234-8114681636 E-mail: email@example.com
(NISSMUN) Conference, producing the President of the General Assembly 2020; Rapporteur of World Trade Organization; Deputy Secretary General; Chairperson of International Labour Organization; Best Delegate of General Assembly; and Best Delegate of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and much more. At Loyola Jesuit College, our students are exposed to a holistic formation that spans beyond academic
excellence, and they always hold their own anywhere in the world.
In the past year, 2019, Loyola Jesuit College continued to excel in all aspects of school life. LJC students maintained high level of consistency and impressed in every of their endeavours, leading to several landmark academic and co-curricular achievements that include:
- LJC students emerge 1st and 2nd Position in the National Catch Them Young competition organized by the Society of Petroleum Engineers Nigerian Council
- LJC emerges 1st and 3rdnd Position in the Quiz Competition of the Chemical Society, Abuja Chapter.
- LJC comes 1st Position at the Quiz Competition of the Chemical Society Nigeria at the National Level.
- WAEC awards the College for being 1st Best School Result for Schools Candidates in 2018 in FCT.
- OJUBA Mezisashe emerges as the first student to have Perfect Scores in ACT in the West African Sub-Region.
- LJC Students emerge Winners in the maiden edition of the Abuja Mathematics Competition.
- The college comes 1st Position in the state level of the Annual NNPC National Quiz Competition.
- LJC Wins the Democracy Day Speech Contest.
- LJC student emerges 1st Position in Kangaroo Mathematics Competition in the West African Sub-Region. LJC student emerges as Co-Winner in the Inters witch SPAK National Science Competition Innovation Challenge.
- LJC comes 1st Position in the Female and Male categories of Premiere Academy’s 10th Annual Inter-House Sports Invitational Relay.
NISSMUN – LJC students emerge as:
- President of the General Assembly 2020
- Rapporteur of World Trade Organization,
- Deputy Secretary General,
- Chairperson of International Labour Organization,
- Best Delegate of General assembly
- Best Delegate of IMF International Monetary Fund 6. 2nd Best Delegate African Development Bank
- 2nd Best Delegate United Nations Development Progamme,
- Chairperson of Security Council in the Nigerian International Secondary School Model United Nations Conference.
- LJC comes 2nd Position in the Abuja Private Schools’ Basketball Tournament.
- LJC is awarded Best School in
- Junior Science and
- Junior Informatics at the Olympiad Award Ceremony 2019. The college also emerges as Overall Best School in Olympiad first round competition.
Fr. Chikere Ugwuanyi,