EARLY LIFE AND EDUCATION
Mrs Margaret Titilayo Solarin was born into the family of Ogunnaya on 13th October, 1962 in Ibadan. Mrs Solarin is married to Barr. Leke Solarin. They are blessed with children. She had her Basic and Secondary education in Oyo State, later proceeded to Ogun State College of Education School of Basic Studies, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State where she got her Higher School Certificate (HSC) in July 1982. She gained admission into the prestigious University of Lagos where she studied Philosophy and graduated in the year 1985. She also bagged a Master’s Degree in Education (Early Childhood Education) in the year 2011 from Lagos State University.
ACADEMIC CAREER AND APPOINTMENTS
She paid her dues in the classroom as a classroom teacher at Nawair-Ud-Deen High School, Oyingbo and The Apostolic Church Grammar School, Ketu. She also worked as an Education Inspector for 6(Six) years at Somolu Area Office of Inspectorate Department. Served for 6(Six) years at Ministry of Education, Private Education and Special Programmes Department and also 8(Eight) years at Ministry of Education, Basic Education Services (BES) Department. In 2011, she was deployed to Education District V, Agboju as the Head of Department of Schools’ Administration, before her appointment as Tutor General / Permanent Secretary of Education District II in January 2014. In 2017 she was redeployed to Education District III also as Tutor General / Permanent Secretary and later moved to her current post as the Tutor General / Permanent Secretary of Education District I in August 2019.
- Create and monitor policies and procedures that promote a safe learning environment.
- Ensure and institute culture that encourages continuous improvements for teachers and students.
- Develop an environment that encourages open communication with colleagues, students and the entire community.
- First TG/PS in Education Districts to introduce Fitness Walk which is now being emulated by other Agencies and MDAs.
- District Sports Festival became more pronounced and richly celebrated during her tenure.
- First TG/PS to introduce Subject Teachers’ Association Day in Education Districts.
- First TG/PS to introduce Ayajo Day in Education Districts to commemorate Yoruba Language.
- Mentored the Principals in District II to produce the ‘Best Principal’ in Nigeria in 2016 (Mrs Ogunniyi, Principal, Oriwu Model Senior College, Ikorodu).
- Supervised and monitored teaching and learning in schools under her domain which earned such schools many laurels and awards.
- The Best Teacher and Best Civil Servant in Lagos State emerged under her tutelage in 2016.
- Progressive achievements of SSCE and BECE with good grades from 2014 to date.
Add a Comment