A data centric awards system since 2012
WE CAN SAY NO TO BULLYING IN OUR SCHOOLS BY PSYCHOLOGICAL MODELING OF NON BULLYING BEHAVIORS/ BAD BEHAVIORS
Here is the compilation of bad behaviors we must say NO to in our Schools; as compiled by participants at the 2022 Bullying prevention and management workshops in Abuja (Jan. 26-27) and Lagos (Feb. 2-3) Nigeria
APRIL 28 (LAGOS) & APRIL 29 (ABUJA), 2022 AFRICA TOP SCHOOL AWARDS & REPORT
The 2022 Africa Top Schools + 10: Eyes on the Future Initiative will explore the key progress made and lessons learned from the schools’ development and improvement plan of awards-winning schools over the last 10 years. The 10th year anniversary discussion will center on new ideas and aspirations of top schools, for the next 10 years. We will probe schools on the challenges of managing school enrollment and fears in a challenging economy. Especially, their survival strategies of the past three years; the Covid-19 pandemic challenge and the associated impact of currency devaluation, high inflationary trend, and job losses/ right-sizing of the labor force by leading companies. On a positive note, we will report on how Covid-19 ushered in a new era for how African countries deliver education. We will also be featuring interviews with outstanding educators and leaders of major education associations/pressure groups in Africa. There is a planned March 15-19, 2022 International visit to outstanding schools in Dubai. The 2022 awards ceremony and unveiling of the Africa Top Schools Report come up in Lagos on April 28 and in Abuja on April 29.
January 26-27, 2022 BULLYING PREVENTION & INTERVENTION WORKSHOP
We want participants to have an in-depth understanding of Bullying, Fagging, etc; and to use this understanding in the development of interventions that promote students’ wellbeing in the schools.
Key coverage areas:
1. Conduct of Student surveys on incidences of Bullying, fagging, etc. This survey will expose the types and penetration levels of Bullying in your school.
2. Developing effective responses to the different types and classes of bullying.
3. Writing and reviewing Bullying prevention policy
4. Establishing Bullying complaint procedure for Teachers, Students, and Parents
5. A comprehensive review of the Child and vulnerable children act ..
Fees: #50k per participant, payable to GT Bank Plc account 0613573978 for African Principals Conference Initiative.
6. Facilitators will be experienced lecturers and Psychologists from the Universities, Educationists, and Fellows of the African Principals Conference.
For participation please pay and send details to +234(0)8023308188 or email@example.com
2022 ABR/APCI TRAINING CALENDAR
2022 ABR/ APCI TRAINING CALENDAR*(Just one training per staff, per year)
1. You will find this calendar useful for the various segment of your staff.
2. Maximum two open workshops per month, for various categories of staff.
3. Once a year workshop for newly appointed or promoted Principals (Principal Academy); Hostel managers/ officers (Hostel workshop); PTA executives; Learning Assessment Workshop (Exam officers), Bullying in Jan. 2022 (for all, including parents), *As advised by the Hon. Minister of State for Education in Feb. 2021, Principals can also nominate their VPs for the February 2022 Africa Great Principals Academy*
4. Students camping in August 2022, during the holiday. Now that we have harmonized the School calendar.
5. Dubai trip is for Principals and participants to visit outstanding schools during normal school operations. It’s a one-week working tour on effective Schools improvement and development strategies.
6. We have some courses listed for in-house workshops.
*Facilitators*: Experienced and accomplished professionals, professors, lecturers in tertiary institutions, Principals, Directors of Education, tutors- Generals, Lawyers, and Fellows of the African Principals Conference.
*For participation* SMS/ WHATSAPP +234(0)8023308188 for details or check www.africatopschools.com
JI AYODELE, fapc.
RESULTS PANORAMA FROM SCHOOLS
Criteria for the yearly Africa Top Schools Awards: 1. Sustained excellent performance in external examinations. 2. Excellent transition to higher institutions. Hitherto, some schools will do well in WASSCE but their students will be struggling with JAMB. 3. Excellent records of old students performance in the Universities. 4. Excellent alumni relationship.
AFRICA TOP SCHOOLS REPORT (2016, 2019 reports)
FGGC POTISKUM: 1st in Yobe State 2019 Schools Debate
Congrats to the Principal, Staff, and Students of Federal Government Girls College, Potiskum, Yobe State Nigeria
The girls of FGGC POTISKUM has made the College proud today sir, by coming first of the Yobe state zonal Debate organized by one of the lover of Education, a philanthropist, a man whose concern is to make the youth achieve their desires, the Barade of Potiskum. Which took place at GGC Damaturu, the state capital. FGGC POTISKUM defeated Gashuwa zone in the semi-final to meet with Damaturu zone at the final stage and eventually emerged the winner, the Queens, we are proud of you