A data centric awards system since 2012
WE CAN SAY NO TO BULLYING IN OUR SCHOOLS BY PSYCHOLOGICAL MODELING OF NON BULLYING BEHAVIORS/ BAD BEHAVIORS
Here is the compilation of bad behaviors we must say NO to in our Schools; as compiled by participants at the 2022 Bullying prevention and management workshops in Abuja (Jan. 26-27) and Lagos (Feb. 2-3) Nigeria
APRIL 28 (LAGOS) & APRIL 29 (ABUJA), 2022 AFRICA TOP SCHOOL AWARDS & REPORT
The 2022 Africa Top Schools + 10: Eyes on the Future Initiative will explore the key progress made and lessons learned from the schools’ development and improvement plan of awards-winning schools over the last 10 years. The 10th year anniversary discussion will center on new ideas and aspirations of top schools, for the next 10 years. We will probe schools on the challenges of managing school enrollment and fears in a challenging economy. Especially, their survival strategies of the past three years; the Covid-19 pandemic challenge and the associated impact of currency devaluation, high inflationary trend, and job losses/ right-sizing of the labor force by leading companies. On a positive note, we will report on how Covid-19 ushered in a new era for how African countries deliver education. We will also be featuring interviews with outstanding educators and leaders of major education associations/pressure groups in Africa. There is a planned March 15-19, 2022 International visit to outstanding schools in Dubai. The 2022 awards ceremony and unveiling of the Africa Top Schools Report come up in Lagos on April 28 and in Abuja on April 29.
2022 ABR/APCI TRAINING CALENDAR
2022 ABR/ APCI TRAINING CALENDAR*(Just one training per staff, per year)
1. You will find this calendar useful for the various segment of your staff.
2. Maximum two open workshops per month, for various categories of staff.
3. Once a year workshop for newly appointed or promoted Principals (Principal Academy); Hostel managers/ officers (Hostel workshop); PTA executives; Learning Assessment Workshop (Exam officers), Bullying in Jan. 2022 (for all, including parents), *As advised by the Hon. Minister of State for Education in Feb. 2021, Principals can also nominate their VPs for the February 2022 Africa Great Principals Academy*
4. Students camping in August 2022, during the holiday. Now that we have harmonized the School calendar.
5. Dubai trip is for Principals and participants to visit outstanding schools during normal school operations. It’s a one-week working tour on effective Schools improvement and development strategies.
6. We have some courses listed for in-house workshops.
*Facilitators*: Experienced and accomplished professionals, professors, lecturers in tertiary institutions, Principals, Directors of Education, tutors- Generals, Lawyers, and Fellows of the African Principals Conference.
*For participation* SMS/ WHATSAPP +234(0)8023308188 for details or check www.africatopschools.com
JI AYODELE, fapc.
AFRICA TOP SCHOOLS REPORT (2016, 2019 reports)
FGGC POTISKUM: 1st in Yobe State 2019 Schools Debate
Congrats to the Principal, Staff, and Students of Federal Government Girls College, Potiskum, Yobe State Nigeria
The girls of FGGC POTISKUM has made the College proud today sir, by coming first of the Yobe state zonal Debate organized by one of the lover of Education, a philanthropist, a man whose concern is to make the youth achieve their desires, the Barade of Potiskum. Which took place at GGC Damaturu, the state capital. FGGC POTISKUM defeated Gashuwa zone in the semi-final to meet with Damaturu zone at the final stage and eventually emerged the winner, the Queens, we are proud of you
AUGUST 26- 29, 2019 GREAT PRINCIPALS WORKSHOP (Advanced Stage) in ABUJA NIGERIA
This is inviting nomination of your Principal officials to the August 26- 29, 2019 final phase of the Great Principals Workshop (Advance Stage) in Abuja Nigeria. The Workshop is a professional development program to sustain veteran Principals as they meet new challenges of the 21st-century education and emerging new roles of managing Schools, and give new Principals the greatest chance of success as well. The key ideas of the workshop are that School Principals/ Heads and Leaders must focus regularly on evaluating the effect they have on students’ learning/ achievements and adjust their management methods accordingly. Principals beliefs and commitment are the greatest influence on students’ achievement.
For effectiveness, the 21st- century Principal must have a sound mindset that:
- Are passionate about helping their students learn.
- Monitor their management style/ impact on students; learning and adjust their approaches accordingly.
- Are clear about their vision, goals, and roles for their school and what they want their students to learn/ achieve. They must influence the recruitment and motivation of teachers that can help them achieve their vision and targets.
- Forge a strong relationship with their teachers and students that foster effective learning.
- Adopt evidence-based teaching strategies in their school, and are clear about the concept of evaluating learning. They must see assessment as feedback about their impact.
- Actively seek to improve their own teaching strategies. Primarily as the chief coach/ teacher in their schools and must not stop teaching.
- Teach students the value of concentration, perseverance, and deliberate practice.
- Understand the cash flow system of their school and they must be able to use the cash flow effectively for their schools’ Improvement and Development system.
The overarching idea of the 2019 Great Principals Workshop is that the Principal needs to understand where a student is in their level of thinking and then challenge them to go beyond that level through a process described as “cognitive acceleration”. They need to provide instruction at the right level and in the right way given how a student processes information. This entails using teaching approaches which makes learners think about learning more explicitly and where they make their thinking explicit e.g. using e-learning strategies; the 21st– century Principal is the school technological and transformation leader.
Participation fee is Naira 100, 000/ participant. Payable to Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc 0010511144 for Africa Brands Review.
Call or SMS 08023308188 for participation now. You can send the nomination to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com